Monday, December 29, 2008

[General] Who I am...ON THE INTARWEBS

One of the funniest things to happen to me since I started writing this blog was seeing people quote me on totally different forums...and then use my point here to argue with me there. The best example was over at Elitist Jerks.

I still chuckle about that one.

The next step, of course, is that someone is going to use a previous blog point to argue with me and be right.

I try to be consistent with my names through various forums or make sure that people know it's me here and there, but just in case there's any confusion, here's who I am.

I'm Kalon. That's my real name. I'd like to say that it has some awesome historical context, but honestly the story is that my mom was a hippie in the 70s and thought it sounded cool.

On a lot of forums out there, I go as kalbear. That includes EJ, the ASOIAF forums, and even Television Without Pity. You can even find some of my old guides for D2 Assassins if you look hard enough.

On the official wow forums, I try and stick with Felhoof. Sometimes I'll go with Failhoof (my DK, name thanks to my raid leader), and on the test realms I go with Feltest.

So, if you see one of those people quoting something from here, or you see one of them arguing a point - it's me. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh, I'm pretty sure I referenced you in one of the threads you discussed over on the official forums. But I think I got the point right.

Then again, the clueless usually do.

Wee said...

That is an interesting name, my friend. ^^ My mum wasn't a hippie but I got named after a romance novel heroine.

I don't think I've ever quoted you but you are my go to guy for your gear list and burr advice.