As requested, here's a gear listing for Ulduar for cats. This one is a bit different. The listing that it's derived from is using FeralByNight's loot rankings, which I've found to be very good. They favor armor penetration over agility for normal cases, though both are much higher than anything else, and they both do not particularly favor hit or expertise capping.
Some things to note about them. First off, do not get armor penetration unless you can get at least 200 ArPen. The way armor penetration ends up working is that it helps more the more of it you have. Which means at lower levels...it's very unimpressive.
Furthermore, it really hopes that you have either Grim Toll (from Naxxramas) or Mjolnir Runestone (from normal mode Thorim) . The point at which you get 100% reduction of armor is at 1220 armor penetration. If you have Mjolnir, the 'soft cap' for armor penetration is 566. If you have Grim Toll, it's 609. This combined with the proc from the trinkets will give 100% armor pen, which is as high as it goes. This means that if you have those trinkets, you should reach those values (566 for Mjolnir, 609 for Grim) and then switch to gemming and gearing for agility. (thanks, Avathar!)
If you do not have these trinkets, armor pen is still as valuable, and there will be no soft cap.
Also, this list (like all static lists) does not take into account the value of set bonuses. Here's the skinny on that:
- 2pT7 is very, very good. By Rawr, it's ranked at around 400 DPS by itself. That's probably a bit high, but it's very strong. If you can, the best pieces to use as your T7 bonus are the legs and gloves. This is not because they're the strongest; it's because they're less bad of a difference compared to the absolute best pieces out there. If you don't have those pieces and have other pieces that are better, this is going to differ for you personally. For me for example, it's better to have legs and shoulders. Ideally you will not break this until you get 4pT8 or equivalent hard-mode Ulduar gear.
- 2pT8 is also very, very good. Rawr ranks this as about a 100 DPS upgrade, but in my experience this is higher. More clearcasting procs on bleeds is excellent, and has essentially doubled the amount of clearcasting procs I get in a fight. The best (again, assuming you have everything you possibly could) two pieces are the head and the shoulders. And this will differ for you as well, though practically the head is best in slot for cats.
- 4pT8 is not that special of a bonus for DPS. It helps with more ferocious bites, and potentially your uptime, but it's not amazing. However, having 4pT8 helps simply because the itemization on the T8 gear is quite good. I would not break 2pT7+2pT8 until you have 4pT8, and only if you have 8.25 gear.
Now, onto the listing. The important thing to understand is that I have listed the gear not by overall ranking (which you can see from the above link) but by the boss that drops it. The reasoning is because I find myself constantly looking at any given boss for the gear that they drop and wondering where that piece specifically ranks. The rankings per slot are listed, so you don't have to wonder, as well as the difference between it and the best overall piece. This way you should be able to instantly look up a boss and figure out whether or not you care about a piece of loot for your situation and your gearing choices. Normal and Heroic listings are both here, as are whether the gear is hard mode or not.
- Mechanist's Bindings (Wrist, #2) - 21.98 (-3.27).
- Strength of the Automaton (Ring, #12) - 19.84 (-6.76).
Mechanist's Bindings are actually #3 - Wowhead hasn't gotten information from Algalon 25, and hasn't seen Solar Bindings yet. They're also not that good compared to Wristwraps of the Cutthroat or Thrusting Bands; they should be a fairly low priority. Pyrite Infuser is stellar if and only if you're not remotely close to being hit capped. If you are, it's much weaker than some of the trinkets, but it's a good option if you aren't.
- Drape of the Drakerider (Back, #9) - 19.84 (-8.81)
- Proto-hide Leggings (Legs, #4 ) - 40.56 (-9.22) (BOE)
Ignis the Furnace Master:
- Relentless Edge (Weapon, #17 ) - 175.40 (-44.77)
- Gloves of Smouldering Touch (Hand, #6) - 28.08 (-5.24)
Runed Ironhide or can't afford Footpads of Silence. Relentless edge is okay but there are far better options to be found. The gloves are a slight upgrade from some Naxx-25 gear.
- Power Enhancing Loop (Ring, #14 ) - 19.80 (-6.72)
- Treacherous Shoulderpads (Shoulder, #2 ) - 32.27 (-3.36)
- Fluxing Energy Coils (Wrist, #1) - 25.25 (0) Hard mode
- Spire of Withering Dreams (Weapon, #16 ) - 180.69 (-39.54)
- Shawl of the Shattered Giant (Back, #4 ) - 21.16 (-7.49)
- Wrathstone (Trinket, #5 ) - 16.1 (-8.1)
- Shoulderpads of the Monolith (Shoulders, #4 ) - 30.90 (-4.67)
- Leggings of Swift Reflexes (Legs, #7 ) - 36.95 (-12.88)
- Loop of the Agile (Ring, #5 ) - 23.43 (-3.09) hard mode
- Insurmountable Fervor (Neck, #15) - 18.07 (-7.51)
- Runed Ironhide Boots (Feet, #1) - 32.78 (0)
- Drape of the Lithe (Back, #3) - 22.40 (-6.45)
- Shoulderpads of the Intruder (Shoulders, #1) - 35.63 (0) hard mode
- Nimble Climber's Belt (Belt, #6 ) -28.21 (-7.45) (BoE)
- Gloves of the Stonereaper (Gloves, #1) - 33.32 (0)
- Valorous Nightsong Legguards (Legs, #8) - 35.66 (-14.12)
- Winter's Frigid Embrace (Back, #6 ) - 20.75 (-6.90)
- Conqueror's Nightsong Rainments (Chest, #4 ) - 39.71 (-7.65)
- Winter's Icy Embrace (Chest, #2 ) - 45.34 (-1.82)
- Drape of Icy Intent (Back, #2 ) - 26.00 (-2.65) hard mode
- Frigid Strength of Hodir (Neck, #3 ) - 24.55 (-1.13) hard mode
- Valorous Nightsong Shoulderpads (Shoulder, #5 ) - 29.33 (-6.30)
- Guise of the Midgard Serpent (Head, #4 ) - 39.87 ( - 1.97)
- Mjolnir Runestone (Trinket, #1) - 24.1 (0) hard mode
- Conqueror's Nightsong Headguard (Helm, #2) - 41.57 (-.27)
- Embrace of the Gladiator (Chest, #1) - 47.16 (0) hard mode
- Valorous Nightsong Handgrips (Gloves, #5 ) - 29.34 (-3.98)
- Tunic of the Limber Stalker (Chest, #6 ) - 37.24 (-9.82)
- Seed of Budding Carnage (Neck, #1) - 25.58 (0) hard mode
- Conqueror's Nightsong Legguards (Legs, #5 ) - 39.54 (-10.24)
- Nymph Heart Charm (Neck, #6) - 22.37 (-3.21)
- Dreambinder (Weapon, #1 ) - 220.23 (0) hard mode
- Valorous Nightsong Headguard (Head, #5 ) - 36.43 (-5.41)
- Stylish Power Cape (Back, #10 ) - 19.29 (-9.36)
- Mimiron's Flight Goggles (Head, #1) - 41.84 (0) hard mode
- Conqueror's Nightsong Handgrips (Gloves, #2 ) - 31.49 (-1.83)
- Waistguard of the Creator (Belt, #5 ) - 29.80 (-5.84)
- Hoperender (Weapon, #12 ) - 184.66 (-35.47)
- Darkstone Ring (Ring, #19 ) - 17.73 (-8.86)
- Choker of the Abyss (Neck, #8 ) - 20.62 (-4.96)
- Tortured Earth (Weapon, #4 ) - 201.03 (-19.2) hard mode
- Drape of the Faceless General (Back, #) - hard mode
- Metallic Loop of the Sufferer (Ring, #8 ) - 21.80 (-4.68)
- Lotrafen, Spear of the Damned (Weapon, #3 ) - 205.25 (-14.98)
- Idol of the Corrupter (idol, #2 )
- Pendulum of Infinity (Neck, #2) -25.43 (-.13) hard mode
- Valorous Nightsong Rainments (Chest, #5 ) - 37.33 (-9.87)
- Pendant of a Thousand Maws (Neck, #18) - 17.32 (-8.26)
- Conqueror's Nightsong Shoulderpads (Shoulder, #3) - 31.68 (-3.95)
- Blood of the Old God (Trinket, #3 ) - 18.8 (-5.9)
- Earthshaper (Weapon, #10 ) - 193.75 (-26.78)
- Garona's Guise (Head, #3) - 41.06 (-.78)
- Godbane Signet (Ring, #9) - 21.68 (-4.84)
- Dark Edge of Depravity (Weapon, #2) - 215.53 (-4.7) hard mode
- Legguards of Cunning Deception (Legs, #1) (0)- hard mode
Algalon The Observer: