UPDATED 4/22: Added hardmode gear. Updated locations. Will update scores in the future.
UPDATED: added locations for tier tokens that are known. Added locations for a lot of loot that was known already.
At this point, all loot save what's on Algalon's table is known and well-documented. Almost all of it is in wowhead in its finished form. Go nuts, guys.
So first I'm going to teach you to fish. Or if you like, I'm going to set you on fire.
For starters, you need to know the gearing strategies for Ulduar tanking. And they're different than Naxx:
- Heart of the Wild nerfed to 10% stamina means you need stamina more. Don't go nuts on this, but you will need to have a good amount of stamina and you'll probably have to regem some of your gear or use certain choices.
- Things hit like a semi carrying a truck carrying small missiles. Seriously, most everything hits like Patchwerk's evil big brother on meth. You can reasonably expect to take 20k-25k hits from bosses, and there are plenty of special abilities that do far more than that.
- With the loss of armor, you need EVEN MORE stamina. Seriously.
- Also, with the loss of armor, more armor is a bit better. So armor as a stat improves greatly on a lot of these fights.
- Threat is actually important for druids. Other tanking classes have much better threat now, but druids are still a bit far behind. This means that you can't just ignore hit and expertise on your gear in Ulduar; there will be fights where your threat really matters.
- DPS stats matter a little bit for SD, but not insanely so. While Savage Defense is decent, it's not a substitute for armor. 100 AP means you prevent 25 damage, which would be (from the above boss) equivalent to .125% mitigation. So don't go nuts here. But do get some. And uptime is more important than raw mitigation most of the time, so go for crit if you're going for any specific DPS stat.
Also note that for socketing, the Shifting Twilight Opal is finally here. This helps a lot. In general, my strategy for socketing gear will be the following:
Blue sockets will have straight Solid Sky Sapphires.
Red with have Shifting Twilight Opals.
Yellow will have Vivid Forest Emeralds or Enduring Forest Emeralds if I need the socket.
That's for straight tanking gear. For gear that I can use as a piece for DPS without having to regem/re-enchant, I'll go with straight agility gems. This would be the chest, feet, gloves, and belt for me; it might be different depending on your professions.
Just like before, I'll provide a weighing on wowhead that you can use to re-evaluate the gear. I'll also discuss them here so you can see them a bit.
Also note that the tier 8 bonuses for bears are basically pointless. There's no reason to go for the tier gear for the set bonuses. As you'll see, though, the main reason you'd want them is because the stats are just insanely good for bears.
Finally, I'll be updating this page as we get more information about what gear is out there. This will be the post for Ulduar loot analysis on a macro scale. If you know that more gear has been added, this is where you should find where I rank it.
Here's the comparison from wowhead. That's for armor only. Note that this does not do a good job with trinket weights based on procs or on on-use mechanics.
And here's the list for weapons.
Onto the analysis. Anything in italics is available in 3.0.8 and earlier. In general I tried to include as many reasonable items from Ulduar as I could. When (easy) or (hard) is listed, it means that that item drops from either an easy mode encounter or a hard-mode encounter if there is an option. If there is no option, it is not listed.
And yeah, for right now I have very little of an idea of where exactly things drop. I'll revise this in the coming days ahead and make it a bit more accurate.
- Titanskin Cloak - 45.07. Heroic Freya (hard)
- Drape of Icy Intent - 44.10. Heroic Hodir (hard)
- Drape of the Faceless General - 41.35. Normal Vezax (hard)
- Cloak of the Makers - 40.67 Heroic Auriaya
- Cloak of the Shadowed Sun - 40.07. Heroic Naxxramas
- Platinum Mesh Cloak - 36.56. Emblems of Valor.
- Drape of the Lithe - 36.31. Heroic Iron Council (easy)
- Gale-Proof Cloak - 35.59. Normal Sartharion.
- Shawl of the Shattered Giant - 33.10. Normal Ulduar (easy)
- Winter's Frigid Embrace - 32.63. Normal Hodir (easy)
- Durable Nerubhide Cape - 31.25. Leatherworking
- Drape of the Deadly Foe- 31.12. Heroic Kel'Thuzad.
- Cloak of the Iron Council - 30.74. Normal Iron Council(easy)
- Drape of the Drakerider - 27.00. Heroic Razorscale
- Embrace of the Gladiator - 88.42. Heroic Thorim (hard).
- Furious Gladiator's Dragonhide Robes - 82.25. 1750 arena rating, 2150 arena points.
- Conqueror's Nightsong Rainments - 78.69. Heroic Hodir(easy), emblems of Conquest.
- Valorous Nightsong Rainments -74.40. Normal Yogg-Saron?(easy)
- Tunic of the Limber Stalker -73.23. Normal Freya(easy)
- Valorous Dreamwalker Rainments -70.77. Heroic 4 Horsemen.
- Deadly Gladiator Dragonhide Robes -70.67. 58 Emblems of Conquest, 12000 honor/700 arena points
- Titan-forged Leather Tunic of Triumph -69.83. 40 Wintergrasp Marks of Honor
- Winter's Icy Embrace -65.82. Heroic Hodir(easy)
- Tunic of Indulgence -65.38. Heroic Grobbulus.
- Chestpiece of Suspicion -65.28. Heroic Razuvious.
- Hateful Gladiator's Dragonhide Robes -64.50. 49600 honor , 12000 honor/350 arena, 45 emblems of valor.
- Polar Vest -63.26. Leatherworking
- Heroes' Dreamwalker Rainments -64.31. Normal 4 Horsemen, emblems of heroism.
- Tunic of Dislocation -63.63. Normal Gothik.
- Chestguard of the Recluse -60.92
- Blade-Scarred Tunic -59.26. Normal Sartharion (easy)
- Runed Ironhide Boots -57.48. Heroic Iron Council(easy)
- Furious Gladiator's Boots of Triumph - 57.03. Emalon, 62000 honor and 1500 arena rating
- Footpads of Silence -55.63. Leatherworking BoE (from Heroic Ulduar pattern)
- Deadly Gladiator Boots of Triumph -51.42. 49600 honor
- Footwraps of Vile Deceit -50.75. Heroic Loatheb.
- Flamestalker Boots -49.28. Heroic Ignis (easy)
- Polar Boots -47.24. Leatherworking BoE
- Treads of the Invader - 46.58. Normal Razorscale
- The Leviathan's Coil -48.65. Heroic Flame Leviathan (easy)
- Fate's Clutch - 44.61. Heroic Thorim (hard)
- Platinum Band of the Aesir -37.76. Heroic Auriaya
- Signet of Winter -37.19. Normal Hodir (easy)
- Loop of the Agile -36.08. Normal Iron Council (hard)
- Gatekeeper -35.76. Heroic Sapphiron.
- Keystone Great-Ring -35.04. Heroic Drak'Tharon
- Metallic Loop of the Sufferer -33.05. Heroic Vezax (easy)
- Cindershard Ring - 31.25. Heroic Ignis.
- Band of Draconic Guile - 31.21. Normal Razorscale
- Godbane Signet - 30.49. Heroic Yogg-Saron.
- Signet of the Impregnable Fortress - 29.69. Emblems of Valor.
- Signet of the Earthshaker - 27.72. Heroic XT-002 (easy)
- Sif's Promise - 20.74. Heroic Thorim (easy)
- Crazed Construct's Ring - 19.33. Heroic XT-002 (easy)
- Power-Enhancing Ring - 17.74. Normal Ulduar (easy)
- Furious Gladiator's Dragonhide Gloves - 58.25. Emalon, 1600 arena ranking and 1300 arena points
- Conqueror's Nightsong Handgrips -57.93. Heroic Mimiron(easy)
- Gloves of the Stonereaper -54.67. Heroic Auriaya
- Valorous Nightsong Handgrips -54.47. Normal Freya(easy)
- Gloves of the Blind Stalker -51.12 - Emblems of Conquest
- Deadly Gladiator's Dragonhide Gloves -50.72. Arena
- Valorous Dreamwalker Gloves -47.73. Heroic Sartharion (easy)
- Gloves of Fast Reactions -47.50. Heroic Sapphiron
- Gloves of Smouldering Touch - 45.34. Normal Ignis.
- Hateful Gladiator's Dragonhide Gloves -45.89. Honor, Arena
- Rapid Attack Gloves -43.12. Normal Razuvious.
- Dislocating Handguards -42.83. Heroic Faerlina.
- Heroes' Dreamwalker Handgrips -42.76. Normal Sartharion (easy)
- Furious Gladiator's Dragonhide Helm - 82.18. 1900 arena rating and 2150 arena points
- Garona's Guise - 75.90. Heroic Yogg-Saron
- Conqueror's Nightsong Headguard -74.64. Heroic Thorim(easy), emblems of conquest
- Hood of the Exodus -72.06. Heroic Gothik.
- Guise of the Midguard Serpent -70.79. Normal Thorim (easy)
- Valorous Nightsong Headguard -70.38. Normal Mimiron(easy)
- Deadly Gladiator's Dragonhide Helm -70.21. Arena.
- Valorous Dreamwalker Headguard -65.98 Heroic Kel'Thuzad.
- Hateful Gladiator's Dragonhide Helm -64.07. Honor, Arena.
- Titan-Forged Leather helm of Triumph -63.35. Wintergrasp.
- Heroes' Dreamwalker Headguard -61.08. Normal Kel'Thuzad.
- Furious Gladiator's Dragonhide Legguards - 82.24. Emalon, 1700 arena rating and 2150 arena points
- Conqueror's Nightsong Legguards -80.75. Heroic Freya (easy)
- Valorous Nightsong Legguards -76.48. Normal Hodir (easy)
- Leggings of Wavering Shadow -75.59. Emblems of Conquest
- Deadly Gladiator's Dragonhide Legguards -70.69. Emalon (normal), 58 emblems of conquest, 12000 honor and 700 arena points
- Proto-Hide Leggings -70.36. Heroic Razorscale
- Leggings of the Honored -70.27. Heroic Sartharion (hard)
- Valorous Dreamwalker Legguards -69.64. Heroic Thaddius.
- Hateful Gladiator's Dragonhide Legguards -64.56. 49600 honor, 45 emblems of valor,
- Heroes' Dreamwalker Legguards -63.00. Normal Thaddius.
- Leggings of Swift Reflexes - 61.28. Normal Iron Council(easy)
- Leggings of Fleeting Moments - 61.18. Heroic Gothik.
- Bronze Pendant of the Vanir -41.16. Heroic Freya(hard)
- Mark of the Unyielding -40.82. Normal Ulduar (easy)
- Titanstone Pendant -38.98. Heroic Trash
- Shard of the Crystal Forest -38.20. Emblems of Conquest
- Boundless Ambition -36.91. Heroic Kel'Thuzad.
- Broach of the Wailing Night -34.69. Emblems of Conquest
- Nexus War Champion Beads -34.19. Heroic Malygos quest reward
- Heritage -33.90. Heroic Naxxramas
- Nymph Heart Charm -33.84. Heroic Freya (easy)
- Frigid Strength of Hodir -33.83. Heroic Hodir (hard)
- Favor of the Dragon Queen -33.69. Heroic Malygos quest reward
- Necklace of Unerring Mettle -29.96. Heroic Kologarn
- Fervor of the Protectorate -28.76. Normal Trash
- Spiked Battleguard Choker -25.10. Emblems of Conquest
- Insurmountable Fervor -24.64. Heroic Iron Council(easy)
- Shoulderpads of the Intruder - 69.24. Heroic Iron Council (hard)
- Furious Gladiator's Dragonhide Spaulders - 59.66. 2050 arena rating and 1750 arena points
- Conqueror's Nightsong Shoulderpads -54.66. Heroic Yogg-Saron(easy)
- Valorous Dreamwalker Shoulderpads -52.58. Heroic Loatheb.
- Shoulderpads of the Monolith -52.45. Heroic Kologarn
- Deadly Gladiator Dragonhide Spaulders -51.25. 46 emblems of conquest, 9600 honor and 550 arena points
- Valorous Nightsong Shoulderpads -51.01. Normal Ulduar (easy)
- Heroes' Dreamwalker Shoulderpads -47.70. Normal Loatheb.
- Trollwoven Spaulders -46.91. BoE Leatherworking
- Hateful Gladiator's Dragonhide Spaulders -46.38. Arena, honor
- Treacherous Shoulderpads -445.37. Normal XT-002(easy)
Well, all the tier gear can't be THAT good all the time, right? In this case, it's the odd looking shoulders that aren't that big of a deal. If for some reason you wanted to keep your T7 bonus, shoulders would be a really good option.
- Heart of Iron -38.68. Heroic Ignis
- Royal Seal of King Liane - 37.01. Normal Yogg-Saron.
- Essence of Gossamer - 25.57. Heroic Azjol-Nerub.
- Darkmoon Card: Greatness (agi) -24.39. Inscription BoE
- The General's Heart -20.30. Heroic Vezax (easy)
- Valor Medal of the First War -15.94. Emblems of Valor.
- Defender's Code -13.82. Heroic Naxxramas
- Soul-Devouring Cinch - 60.84. Normal Yogg-Saron (hard).
- Furious Gladiator's Belt of Triumph - 57.41. Emalon, 1450 rating and 62000 honor
- Death-warmed belt -56.31. Leatherworking BoE from Heroic Ulduar.
- Waistguard of the Creator -54.79. Heroic Mimiron(easy)
- Belt of the Twilight Assassin -52.74. Emblems of Conquest
- Deadly Gladiator's Belt of Triumph -51.32. Arena
- Relic Hunter's Cord -50.66. Heroic Trash
- Titan-forged Belt of Triumph -50.64. Wintergrasp
- Hateful Gladiator's Belt of Triumph -46.47. Honor, Arena.
- Polar Cord -46.06. Leatherworking BoE.
- Nimble Climber's Belt -45.41. Normal Auriaya
- Sharp-Barbed Leather belt -43.98. Heroic Utgarde Keep
- Trollwoven Girdle -43.06. Leatherworking BoE.
- Stalk-skin Belt -41.43 .Heroic Heigan.
- Belt of the Tortured - 40.74. Heroic Patchwerk.
I would still recommend considering something a bit more agi and DPS-friendly in this slot, and gemming accordingly. The craftable Death-Warmed belt does a really good job of everything save perhaps having any hit/expertise, but even without that it's very strong, and is a reasonable thing to spend those runed orbs on.
- Fluxing Energy Coils - 40.72. Normal XT-002 (hard)
- Furious Gladiator's Armwraps of Triumph - 39.18. Heroic Emalon, 1400 arena rating and 39400 honor
- Mechanist's Bindings -37.46. Heroic Leviathan (easy)
- Thrusting Bands -35.59. Heroic Noth.
- Deadly Gladiator's Armwraps of Triumph -35.48. 31600 honor
- Sinner's Bindings -34.98. Heroic Maexxna.
- Bindings of the Tunneler - 29.43. Heroic Utgarde Keep.
- Wristwraps of the Cutthroat -28.46. Emblems of Valor
Ah, the wrist - the other bastard itemization son of Blizzard. One normal Ulduar, only one piece in general...chances are there's a lot more to find here. I wouldn't bother rolling on the Mechanist bindings. There's going to be something better.
- Furious Gladiator's Greatstaff - 145.07. 4250 arena points and 2200 arena rating
- Furious Gladiator's Staff - 140.09. 50000 honor and 1400 arena points and 1850 arena rating
- Origin of Nightmares -132.84. Heroic Grobbulus.
- Twisted Visage -130.06. Heroic XT-002 (easy)
- Tortured Earth - 127.39. Normal General Vezax (hard)
- Lotrafen, Spear of the Damned -124.98. Heroic Vezax (easy)
- The Undeath Carrier -118.72. Heroic Heigan.
- Staff of the Plague Beast - 118.10. Normal Heigan.
- Hoperender - 115.88. Normal Thorim (easy)
- Journey's End - 115.52. Heroic Kel'Thuzad.
- Silvery Sylvan Stave/Staff of Feral Furies - 114.33. Argent Tourney Quartermaster.
- Staff of the Plaguehound - 113.38. Normal Kel'Thuzad.
- Inevitable Defeat - 110.05. Heroic Naxxramas
- Black Ice - 107.38. Normal Malygos.
- Relentless Edge - 105.05. Normal Ignis.
- Staff of Trickery - 104.87. Heroic Violet Hold
- Spire of Withering Dreams - 101.95. Normal Ulduar (easy)
- Earthshaper - 101.90. Heroic Yogg-Saron (easy)
- Ironsoul - 91.31. Flame Leviathan (easy)
I am also likely going to revise this when those weapons hit wowhead, because the amount of armor that origin provides is simply not being counted well enough here.
If you're curious, it drops from Yogg-Saron's hard mode. Dreambinder drops from any hardmode, though it came originally from Algalon.
Thanks again for reading, and I'll be updating this as the week goes on.