Friday, September 12, 2008

[General] What do you want tested?


I've been accepted into the beta, and after futzing around with a death knight for a few minutes while waiting for Felhoof to get moved over, I'm finally ready to start getting down to business. I have a few things I want to start testing myself. I'm a fairly good beta tester given my profession and mindset. :) However, the best testing comes from a wide variety of people. And above all else I want to make sure that the classes I like are tested well, and feedback that is good is provided.

So I ask you: what do you want tested? What questions haven't been answered completely to your satisfaction?

I'm likely going to have four test platforms to play around with:
lvl 55 death knight, from scratch
lvl 70 druid with T6/Sunwell gear, leveling as I go
lvl 80 druid with pvp gear, raid tanking/dps
lvl 80 paladin with pvp gear, raid tanking

Given that, what are the questions you have? What would you like to provide more concrete feedback on? I'll try to test one thing a day and provide the results to you and to Blizzard.

This is your chance. Let's make WotLK the best we can.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

For a prot pali How will I get intellect? I have seen the Nax raid gear on MMO-Champion. Have not noticed anything in the talent trees either, although I am known to miss the obviouse according to my wife.

Kalon said...

Hey, cktucker. Thanks for stopping by. :)

Prot paladin gear is totally devoid of intellect at this point; the better question is not where you get it, it's whether you need it. I'll try and run some normal and heroic dungeons with a pally and see how it goes. If it makes you feel any better, most paladins appear to be pretty happy with their rotation. A lot of that has to do with not having to do consecrate all the time and the cheapness of Shield of the Righteous and Hammer of the Righteous. But I'll test it and let you know.

Anonymous said...

Would love to see some comparisons of DK & druid tanking; how different are the mechanics? Are they both fun and sufficiently different to warrent playing them both at endgame? More generally, do you think all classes will be viable tanks in all encounters, and how have Blizzard designed the content & classes to allow this to be the case?

(I understand the point of beta is more about giving feedback to Blizzard, than to other players. So I'm not worried if you think things suck from a player's perspective - I'm sure you'll just tell Blizzard.)

Anonymous said...

Tigerfeet of Secret Agent Cat formally requests a thorough and exhaustive survey of Northrend terrain with a keen eye on the location and identification of holes and choke points that can and will ensnare wayward feral druids.

That is All.

PS - grats on the beta ;) I'm terrified of spending my first day in Northrend stuck in the side of a cliff.