Tuesday, July 29, 2008

[Druid] Tanking the Flames of Azzinoth, finale

Haven't actually talked about what we're up to and what I'm up to all that recently. Big changes have occurred.

Fire and Blood downed Illidan a few weeks ago. We've killed him twice since. The second time got me the Thunderheart Chestguard, so I am 5/8 T6 now, the first in my guild to get there. In all three kills I have been one of the two flame tanks, and my job is to get the first one.

It's really one of the best tanking experiences there is for a druid, even if it's very short. There's a lot of mobility, of thinking where you need to be, planning moves and repositioning. There's a huge amount of worry about threat and putting out as much as humanly possible while dancing around. And then there are the eyebeams. The fun, crazy eyebeams.

I'll write more about it when I have time, hopefully with some fun screenshots from our next kill. But yeah...Illidan is what I look forward to doing, as I get to do everything as a druid in that fight. Well, other than actually, ya know, tank Illidan. Stupid shears...

No comments: