Tuesday, August 5, 2008

[General] Blog pimpage

This is long overdue, and I apologize for that. This blog wouldn't exist without the great WoW blog community out there that inspires and challenges me every day, and I owe them all a huge deal. So...in alphabetical order, here are the blogs I read and love.

Big Bear Butt is one of the most famous blogs out there. Not just about feral druids, about everything. John Patricelli is a great author not just for his subject matter but his ability to write entertaining articles that are a pleasure to read. This blog would not exist without his inspiration.

Blessing of Kings was a crucial part of my reading when I was a prot paladin and is a nice source of thoughtful insight into paladins of all stripes. Great ideas on where the class should head and where it is now, and the dichotomy of all the specs.

Chick GM is one of the best written blogs I've seen. The insight into what it takes to run a guild is unlike anything else out there. Plus it has Egbert.

Jacemora's is one of the newer blogs I've been reading, though that's entirely a fault of mine; this stuff is good. A good guide of how to do dps as feral along with guides, stories and a good read overall.

Of Teeth and Claws is the other big inspiration for this blog. Great theorycrafting about all things feral, good articles and opinions. We miss ya, Karthis. The blog is no longer being actively maintained, but it still has some of the best Kara and post-Kara guides for Bears and the archive is still very relevant.

Resto4Life is about all things druids, even if they don't want to admit it. Great style, fun reads, daily updates and just the joy of being a druid that shows through everywhere make this a great stop.

Secret Agent Cat won me over with the name alone, but the fun writing and stories kept me coming back. Another new addition to my blog roll, but one that you should read.

The Rambling Bear hasn't been updated as much as it used to be, but the theorycrafting and analysis is spot on and the opinions are well-argued, even if I don't always agree with him. :) Update more, man! Even if you're not wanting to be a bear.

Unbearably HoT has everything I like in a blog: good writing, tanking info from a top-end guild, great layouts, a good sense of humor and sexual innuendo. Can't believe I wasn't reading this ages ago. Congratulations on your engagement :)

Windfury is the blog of my GM and friend. A great guy who needs to write more, he does a nice job of summing up all things shaman.

I got into World of Matticus because of my wife, who is a priest. I stayed because of his great style, attention to class and raid leading information, and a really good focus on priestly info.

Thanks to all of you!

4 comments:

runycat said...

Wow, thanks for the bitchin' write-up. I'm still always vaguely surprised to find out that people read what I write regularly--isn't the internet a strange phenomenon? Regardless, you've got a great group of blogs up on there, and I find it refreshing discovering blogs that I might have at one point in time overlooked. With all the content out there, it's nigh impossible to sort through it all.

Thanks for the well-wishing!

Loni Huff said...

Thanks for the very kind words! You're doing a great job yourself, and I look forward to reading more. :-)

Jacemora said...

Ditto what Phaelia said... I need to find more words and blog more... maybe BBB will rub off on me eventually... :P

Matticus said...

Your wife sounds like an incredibly insightful and intelligent woman ;).