Friday, August 1, 2008

[Druid] Random Friday musings

A couple nights ago after the raid I had a random druid whisper me out of the blue and start asking me some questions about tanking. He wanted to know whether he was uncrittable and how he could tell, and what he should focus on for gems/enchants.

This is my kryptonite. I write a blog about stuff like this, for crying out loud. As anyone in my guild knows, I'll drop almost everything to talk shop about theorycrafting and math. So I talked with the guy for a good twenty minutes, extolling the virtues of resilience, telling him to gem for stamina, focus on getting armor, helping with his tanking rotation and pulling many mobs(he had tanked once - in MrT. Yikes!), what badge rewards to get first, etc. He knew quite a bit, but it was also really clear that there was a lot of misinformation around. He definitely has a good start, and wish him luck in his tanking endeavors.

One of the really shocking things about this was that he told me the last 3 druids he had talked to prior to this all said druids can't be uncrittable. Sigh. They were also apparently quite the dicks. I just...I don't know. I'm definitely a dick sometimes to people that ask me things out of the blue, but it's usually of the nature of people who don't know what they're talking about asserting that I am geared properly. My favorite was the group looking for a Kara tank who insisted that I have 490 defense. But when people are asking me questions about stuff, especially stuff I know about? Why not help 'em.

Anyway, it was a good end to a frustrating night of raiding. Archimonde, for some reason, seems to go down a lot better when I'm not tanking him, and I don't know why. It's especially frustrating since I don't have the WWS for the fights I'm not involved in. I'd like to figure out if it's anything I'm doing or if there's something inherent to the fight that's not working. I know that after I was taken out, we brought in an extra healer and had the prot pally switch from off-healing to tanking it, and I'm sure that helps, but at the same time...feels like I'm doing something wrong. We shouldn't be wiping 20 times on him any more.

No comments: